Sunday, February 26, 2012

in the neighborhood

Last month, my Altered Artists group was challenged to alter a 3-d house from Stampin' Up!  When we got together to reveal our creations, it was awesome to see the different interpretations of the challenge and to guess who created which house!  They really show each artist's personalities.  Here are a few pictures of my house and some of the other ladies' creations.
All the houses started out like this. 
We were able to get a bunch from the Stampin' Up!
clearance sale for just a few dollars each! 
Thanks Karen for our houses and for the great idea!
I wanted my house to have a sewing theme. 
I used a pattern for Barbie clothes which were a
perfect size for layering onto the little house. 
I then used rickrack and other beige-y trim to accent.

And then buttons for the roof and around the edges!

Here are a few of the houses all lined up for that neighborly feel!






Scarlett and Jo's...


...Mary D's and Nancy's...

...Bonnie's and Karen's... 

...Elaine's and mine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment